Chicken pox treatment

by - 3:25 PM

It is day three.

Today's the peak, but I can safely say the blisters are on the average throughout her whole body.
Nothing too extreme, Alhamdulillah.

Taking care of a child who has chicken pox isn't difficult. Pity, yes, especially when she feels the itch and stings of the blisters.

Here's how/what I do to treat her pox.

The pox essentials
The antiviral - Zorax Suspension
Myth : You don't need medication, the pox will come out naturally on it's own. You're blocking in the virus if you consume this.
Truth : It helps to moderate the pox, helps to kill the virus within. Lessen the probability of the virus to pass on to someone else.

Soothing lotion - Calamine
Helps to reduce the itch and stings.

PCM and Ibuprofen (on standby)
PCM or Paracetamol if she develops fever, but thankfully she didn't. Ibuprofen to treat a higher grade fever.

Oral aid lotion
Drops to kill the blisters in her mouth.

Loads of H2o.

Diet. What diet?
There's no restriction to food (unlike what many people believed in - no seafood, no eggs, no chicken, no soy sauce etc). I let her eat whatever she feels like eating. My doctor told me the same too - tak ada pantang larang makanan. To each its own - if you develop any allergies, that's just your reaction againts it and not anybody else. (To be honest, I was the same during my confinement. I just eat what I want, moderately, even with the c-sec/epi stitches. Alhamdulillah I did ok and still am)

And shower regularly, just as normal days. You don't have to skip any, fearing it'll itch more or it'll worsen the blisters or it'll leave ugly scars. Let your child take her showers, care for your child's hygiene and it actually helps to sooth the itch.

Doa banyak-banyak anak cepat sembuh dan tak develop any other worse illness in the future. Doa ibu, doa mustajab yang dikabulkan Allah SWT. In shaa Allah.

Of course you may try other ways people normally do - minum air kelapa, mandi daun semambu (pokok semambu ada besar tinggi depan pagar rumah ni) dan lain-lain untuk pulihkan chicken pox atau cacar air ni. I just don't want to overdo it, I think what I'm doing is good enough since she seems to be doing fine with it.

Can't wait for her to be free from pox. We're going bowling!

You May Also Like

0 comments