In control

by - 11:47 PM

I know I just made a post about my daughters' opposite personalities.

Today, it's of Sofia. One tough little lady, this Sofia. (Did we chose a wrong name for her, what does the name Sofia represents again?)

She picked up fights with her sister quite a number of times this couple of weeks. It's like she hold grudges towards her big sister. She snaps stuff away from her sister, she hits and made her sister cry, she shouts at and quarrels with her sister almost every other day.

I don't want to start listing how she behaves towards me, and her papa. Grrrrr. I boiled up almost every single day, I kid you not.

I find it rather difficult to advice and to talk things with her - it's either she ignores whatever I say or she'd throw her tantrum - she always, always stubbornly gets it her way.

Maybe it's a norm for a secondborn, maybe she's just seeking everyone's attention. Hmmn..I wonder.


She's always in control.

I'm known with a low level of patience and because of that(her behavior), I tend to easily get triggered. Menguji kesabaran betul. I've unintentionally raised my voice and even punished her at times.

I didn't mean to, but I just got to.
I don't know how else to handle and tackle her attention.

Slow talks? Didn't and will never work on her. Hati kering, this little girl.

She's only turning three this year-end. Maybe this is what they call as the 'terrible-two' phase?

Gosh, I feel bad.

I always regret the scolding and punishment. She's still a baby to me, who definitely doesn't need all of that. I know the scolding will just leave her with scars, and could even lead her to behave in such ways (could be worse) later in life.

Ya Allah, minta simpang jauh dari dia berperangai tak elok.

I'm always the bad guy, never her, never her big sister. At the end of the day, I'd be the one crying, upset over how bad I reacted towards my daughter(s).

I've done too much scolding I didn't intend to. I've stressed and tire myself out on most days. I feel more guilty each day, after each voice raised at them.

I just hope and I always pray she'd soften her heart at least a little as days go by, and to have more tolerance.

I keep on stressing that I care and I love both of my baby girls no matter how tough, or how rough, the challenges are. Amanah Allah dah beri, inshaAllah nak jaga, nak didik, nak sayang, nak tatang hingga ke akhir hayat.

So who says it's easy raising a child(s)?

You May Also Like

0 comments