Platform 9 3/4 to Hogwarts

by - 5:54 PM

I've spent my few days watching Harry Potter with my daughter, Mayesa the other week.
I am not a fan obviously since I've only watched the first(Sorcerer's Stone) and the third(Prisoner of Azkaban) movie. But now that I've watched the franchise's back-to-back, I can now see the relation between each chapter/characters. It's quite interesting, I admit.

So I finally went for my first solo trip last Sunday. Well it wasn't really a solo trip per se; I went with a friend instead.

We took one of the earliest ETS of the day to Ipoh. (I'm relating my story to the Harry Potter movie..the train..can't you see? i'm so lame, I know. My friend here is an avid die-hard fan of Harry Potter, too, please and thank you).


The train departed on time (regardless the 3 hours delay somewhere in Sungai Buloh, like seriously). We didn't care much about the delay though. It was a free and easy trip for us both so we just make use of the time to each other's company and started planning our lunch (supposedly breakfast) destination.

---I bought our train tickets over the counter. If you'd like to book yours online, you may do so on Bus Online Ticket or any other ticketing agent on the web. Convenient, hassle-free and with no extra charges---

Once we arrived in Ipoh, we took Uber  (in fact, we took Uber to each of our pitstop in Ipoh) and made our way here for lunch.
New Hollywood Restaurant, Taman Canning
We then checked into M Boutique Hotel on Jalan Hala Datuk 5 in town. Indeed it is a small, cozy, paying homage to the Straits Eclectic Architecture from a bygone era (as stated on it's homepage). Although I would very much prefer a brighter lighted hotel, it didn't disappoint either. It wasn't the best of location, but the interiors and the warmth and friendliness of the hotel staff totally made up for it. You may click on this link to book.



The beautiful lobby

We chose the second floor with the theme 'Majestic'





Excuse me but this is going to be a lengthy post if I don't stop blabbering so I might as well leave this post with a trail of pictures to sum up our 1 night trip to Ipoh.

Coffee in Oldtown for teatime

And free hotel breakfast in Oldtown the very next morning. (Oldtown is in the same premise as the hotel and the hotel sub it to them to handle guests' breakfast)

We decided to watch the movie Kingsman: The Golden Circle in Ipoh Parade after having a shared light dinner of chicken soup at Dataran Jam. It was a good enjoyable movie, for real (I'll write a review soon, if time permits). Planned to go to the massage parlour next but we went around to a few, and none had available two masseuse for us so we head back to the hotel, freshen up and fell asleep soon after.

Before taking the train back to KL Sentral the next day, we went to Pekan Lama to see what it has to offer other than the mural wall arts.

A cozy cool-looking Plan B in Jalan Panglima

Did not dare to buy this, though.

Nasi Ganja at Yong Suan, Jalan Yang Kalsom
We spent a longer time than planned in Pekan Lama but nevertheless we managed to squeeze a little bit of time to have Nasi Ganja at Yong Suan. Hands down it was so so good I secretly wished I could have another plate of it.

But luckily I didn't.

I was literally drugged out!

I slept almost throughout the whole train ride back to KL; still felt so sleepy soon after and slept early that night right to the next day!

Real drugged out for good - to really sum up the trip to Ipoh, I'd say.

You May Also Like

0 comments