Twenty-four

by - 5:07 PM

I remember having quite a rough time weaning Mayesa but I did weaned her at 22months.
Now that it has been a week, I can officially say Sofia's weaned - at 21 months!
 Continuation from my previous post, some may wonder why not 24 months? Sebaik-baiknya menyusu anak sampai umur 2 tahun.

To be honest, really, as much as I love to nurse them, I have had the urge to wean both of my babies even from after confinement period is over. Reason being, lack of rest/sleep/everything; just loads of indulging/stress/hairloss.

I am one of the lots who could only direct feed, but could never produce any when pumped. Irritating at most times, really, when you thought of just slacking for a moment but you instantly and constantly being pinned down to nurse.

One day I've decided I wanted to end it and I abruptly weaned Mayesa. Tak ada belas kasihan, I just immediately stopped giving her any. *Cue screaming and crying for hours* Very fortunate she was fine with it in just 2 days, although I initially thought it could take months for her to completely settled. Hence, she was fully weaned abruptly at 22 months.

Sofia on another note is used to being breastfed and formula-fed since she turned 3 months-old. Nevertheless, she was just as clingy and as latch-y as her big sister. I caught her napping one day all on her own. That was when I started to distract and lessen her need for nurse-to-sleep. She took it well and after a couple of days she decided to no longer nurse, forever. Oh, and she immediately sleeps through the night, too! Double joy!

I miss the beautiful bonding moment sometimes. Alhamdulillah I am still forever grateful I get to nurse both of my babies, even not up to 24 months. Willpower dan rezeki masing-masing, tak perlu nak dipersoal.

You May Also Like

0 comments