Arts & Lights #litbymahsing

by - 11:21 AM


I've been seeing quite a number of posts of this festival Arts & Lights on my Instagram feed since the month of November but just couldn't bother to check what the hype is all about. My guess was 'oh just another one of the instagrammable hipster location for the cool kids'. Beautiful pictures, nevertheless.

Out of boredom on that one gloomy day, the kids are taking their afternoon nap whilst I sip a cup of coffee and munching on banana fritters; I scrolled down on my instagram and there it was again - a line up of feed of that event. I decided to click on its hashtag #litbymahsing to have a look-see what it really is.

I was right. It is an instagrammable event for the cool kids.
I am so out of league. I am a mother of two, I ain't cool. I don't like going to crowded places and I don't bother that much into taking artistic photos.

But I thought of the girls. They would love a brightly lit places like that, (not so much loving) looking through fun exhibits, and a definite fun time at the playground. That's just that. It's free entry anyway, so I decided to give it a go.

So we went there around 530pm on Christmas eve, their final day at Icon City. We had to register at the counter using the tickets that we've prior reserved online on Eventbrite website to get our hands stamped that will allow us to go into the exhibit rooms. Then we roamed free.
Mayesa was definitely overjoyed to find the place fully decorated with lights (even though it was still in daylight), even more excited when she saw a playground with climbing walls that's more like a jungle gym - her favorite.

So you surely know by now that we spent most of our time at the playground and only braved ourselves to queue for only 2 of the exhibits. Well, mama stayed in line while they play at the playground and only joined in when I'm like a couple of steps left to the entrance.


The event was indeed fun for the girls, but tiring for us parents. It was a killjoy to both of us whom aren't much into this kind of crowded events but just had to do it to see the smile on their faces and feel contented. That's all that matters. You gotta do what you gotta do for them to explore, learn, and be happy!

Arts & Lights vol.2 is happening soon from 6 Jan - 11 Feb at two new venues in KL. Parents whom are like us, I'd suggest to just give it a go for the kids to enjoy the experience and let their imaginations run free. Penat, rimas, belakang kira.


Pictures are from their website
You may visit their web for more info.
To directly reserve ticket(s), click here.

You May Also Like

0 comments