Back pain from lifting your toddler

by - 10:25 AM

I am somehow still in pain even after 2 weeks since I pulled my back from lifting Sofia.

I had a massage over the weekend and the aftermath was so painful to bear with. Some says I shouldn't have had the massage, whilst some say I should since it had already been more than a week. The lady masseuse is my normal go-to and so I went. I was told to brave the soreness on the very next day, but never did it crossed my mind that it'd be this badly sore.

Still carrying this little one even with the pain I'm having. How can I not?
I had a rough Monday to begin with. I had a difficult time getting out of bed that morning - I cringed, cried and just had to force myself to be on my feet for school-runs and chores. So bad that it felt like a post-cesarean pain except that it's on my back. That bad. I could not even toss and turn in bed without feeling the burning pain. Sitting in the car, driving Mayesa to school and back home got me chanting "Ya Allah. Cepatlah sampai. Astaghfirullah. It hurts. It hurts. It hurts so bad." Alhamdulillah we made it to both school and home safe and sound.

It is now day 3 post-massage.
I am feeling much better and I can now freely do chores again albeit still in fear. Getting in and out of bed is smooth but still with a little soreness. It still hurts though not as much, whenever I sit for a long time especially in the car since I have to sit up and elongate my leg to accelerate/brake.

I am still putting yoga or any form of exercises on hold for the moment. Yes, I am as stiff as a log once again. Can't even reach my toes during a forward fold now; I even do a seated-solat now. T_T

Not quite a good personal start to the new year eh?

Allah is testing me early in the year.
Inshaa Allah all will be better soon.
Amin.

You May Also Like

0 comments