Raya(planning) comes early this year

by - 10:49 AM

Literally.

Although I have yet to replace my 10days of last year's puasa but as I type this, I can now confirmed that

  1. We (as in Mayesa and I) will be donning black; Sofia and papa will be wearing purple. Guess who decides on the theme? Yes, Mayesa. She's been wanting to get a black peplum with a bling waist ever since she saw a girl who wore that at one of the event we went to. So we'll see if it's going to be half and half or if all of us will be donning black.
  2. It's our turn to go back to Muar, dad's hometown for raya. Since mom is travelling to Perth for raya with four of her grandchildren, the rest of us are still pretty much undecided. Of course dad wants us in Muar, I want to go back to Muar. But seems like my husband vetoed on this one pulling our little family of 4 to most probably just raya in town, and only to travel down South a month later to Universal Studios. Of course the girls agreed, Mayesa especially like d'oh, so I have to give in too.. I guess? (My lontong, nasi bryani, on first day of raya..*sobs*) Raya in Klang? Urghhh aiyooo.
  3. I have no plan to organize any open house at the moment, but all are welcome any day. Ikut nasib lah datang hari yang ada raya food atau cuma ada kuih je ;p
  4. Mayesa's already listing down her raya shopping, from head-to-toe. That girl is growing too fast.
  5. I on the other hand, don't intend to shop for raya (like every other year). Lagi pula kalau raya in town je, where we don't really go anywhere - no raya visits at all, so why bother getting new outfits? Just the morning of raya, and that's that.
  6. Cakes and cookies? Maybe, just maybe I'll do a recipe or two just to liven up the raya spirit with my two girls. They'd love that, I'm sure. The rest, beli je lah kalau perlu.
    Semperit (custard cookies) is a must for me during raya; and pineapple tarts. They just melt in your mouth!!
    Source: Lisa's Lemony Kitchen
  7. House decoration? Maybe some flower pots and our family pictures or some abstract paintings to fill up the empty walls. I don't intend to spend much for the house this year, we've done quite a renovation just in time for last year's raya.
So that pretty much sums up our raya planning. I'll revenge(?!) to veto for next year's raya, raya di perantauan. Yasssss!!!

You May Also Like

0 comments