Family trip to Bogor

by - 9:30 AM

We took the trip in March, and here I am only documenting it now in late August.
Bear with this mama, as I try to remember some if not all details of the trip we had.

It was time for our annual family vacation. Most couldn't make it due to work and school commitments. Some were reluctant to join just because "What's in Bogor? Golf and more golf?"

Ahh you see, I don't quite mind if the parents chose this particular destination for their golfing game. Ok I lied, a little. I do slightly mind - it's a family vacation, you'd expect the destination slash activities would benefit the whole group to do it as one, and not the other way around. But oh well, even if they'd be gone for their game every morning every day we're there, they will be back just in time to join us for the rest of the day(s) so I am still up for it to be a possible family vacation. Positive. Enjoy every moment you can, with or without.

We board on the Malaysia Airlines' flight from KLIA towards Jakarta that very morning and roamed around J-Town for lunch at Sederhana, a quick stopover at Blok M mall to get some telekung for those back at home and hours spent at Pasar Mayestik to get unplanned materials for our raya outfits.


Kids busy browsing raya materials at one of the shops in Mayestik.

The journey took us about +- 2 hours from Jakarta to Bogor that late evening, and we arrived just about time for dinner so we made another stop at one of the Sundanese restaurant named Gili-Gili before continuing to our final stop of the day, the hotel.

We checked into Hotel Royal Padjajaran for our 3 nights stay in Bogor. It was a long day of travelling, so everyone zonked out soon after.

This trip was merely focused on the kids. So what's a kids holiday without a trip to see the animals? So we did just that on the very next day - to Kuntum Farmfield right after breakfast.



Mama scared of animals, mama don't want to be too near.


There's a video of our trip in Kuntum Farmfield, shot by Mayesa. In fact she shot snippets of the whole trip we had in Bogor, youtuber-style. View it on my instagram if you care.

We had nasi padang again for lunch, this time at another restaurant nearby to the hotel. Remaining daylight was spent at the hotel - kids dipping in the pool and at the playground. Easy kids vacation, ey?
Kids council meeting

I went out that evening with my sister-in-law to City Mall Bogor for a much needed visit to the salon. Mayesa tagged along, too. A trip to Indonesia wouldn't be complete without a visit to the salon, trust me. Johnny Andrean is our go-to that day where we both had cream bath, whilst Mayesa had her much anticipated manicure session. Sheeshhhh that girl is growing up too fast now.

We had dinner at another Sundanese restaurant, but it was not up to par as our previous night's dinner so I don't bother to remember the name of the restaurant. The dads went for a round of coffee that night at Upnormal Cafe that I declined to give it a go because it seemed like just another coffee joint like Starbucks with the usual coffees and cakes. I was wrong. So wrong, when I decided to join the next day, on our very last night in Bogor. I'll tell you why soon.

Next day in Bogor, we made another animal visit (haha!) to Taman Safari Bogor. Now this, this is a must visit to all. The entrance fee is a little pricey per pax, (even the mobile and the driver need to pay for entrance fee too) but this place is HUGE! The area is clean, the top-notch well-fed and well-kept animals roamed free, and different shows and attractions at each different parks. We didn't even managed to go through each area within that one day because we were so caught up with one attraction when we found one before moving on to the next. Not forgetting having to cater to the kids' needs too, hence the lack of time T_T

If I were to revisit Bogor, I'll definitely revisit Taman Safari again no doubt. Pictures that I have here don't do justice *sigh!*; I didn't take as many photos as my sister-in-law because I really was enjoying my time here with the clan.

On a train ride whilst waiting for the drizzles to stop

Definitely, definitely need a re-visit.

Kids zonked out on our journey back to the hotel after spending the whole day at the safari. Even the adults zonked out too. We made a quick stop for dinner at the previous Sundanese restaurant 'Gili-gili' before heading back to the hotel to rest.

So that night, I followed my brother to Cafe Upnormal to see what the hype is all about. Yes, it's a big coffee joint that looks like Starbucks. The thing that wowed me most was that, they serve their local delicacies more than just cakes and pastries. Different kind of bakmi, roti, susu - you name it, they most probably serve it. Now that's a rare one, to me at least. One would have not thought of going into a big coffee shop to have local delicacies, no? Is it just me? Oh well.

Oh I apologize. They don't even call it as cafe. It is named Warunk Upnormal.
Call me lame - I don't normally go to a hipster cafe, so I was in awe with this warunk.
On our very last day in Bogor, I was already getting sick of rice, even the hotel's breakfast. The kids went for a last round of dip in the pool that morning before I started packing to head back home. We crossed the road to a simple warung for bakmi (which we even had here for late noon munch the previous day) before walking up the streets to the shopping outlets for a little look-see. We didn't buy any, we only bought a slice of cake and two pieces of chocolate pops for the girls at a nearby chocolate shop. We don't travel to shop. I don't.

We checked out of the hotel and went back towards Jakarta. We made a quick final stop for lunch at D'Cost seafood before our flight back home. All in all, I didn't expect much from this family trip to Bogor. My parents got their rounds of golf, kids got to see the animals, us parents got a tiring but paid trip (haha!)..all of us had great fun, that matters most!

Looking forward to another trip to Indonesia this October, just the two of us to the amazing Yogyakarta!

You May Also Like

0 comments