Birthday vacation

by - 4:57 PM

I felt good and much calmer coming back into my role as a mother of two after my trip to Ipoh the other day. These past couple of days caught me browsing onto few travel websites since I am longing for another quick getaway planned on my birthday.


I was looking into Krabi for my first ever solo vacation because I've familiarized myself with the place after 4 trips there (I love everything about Krabi) and I am just planning to fill myself up with delicious Thai food and lazying around the area.

I stumbled upon a good rate of merely RM600 for a 3 days trip consisting of return flight ticket and hotel stay. I was just about to proceed with the bookings when a friend suddenly sent me a text asking me if I would like to join her for a trip to Sarawak in November.

Now with the options of either heading to Krabi(for the fifth time) all on my own this month-end or to Sarawak (which I've never stepped foot before) with a friend comes November-end, I concurred the latter.

Source: Google
So I won't be going on my first real solo trip just yet! Or perhaps it's never going to happen for me; just a "solo" trip without the kids & husband.
For now, that is.

I've booked my flight to Kuching and am leaving it all to my friend to plan the itinerary and to book our stay(s).  I consider this getaway as my birthday treat (a month-delayed treat), going back into nature (right, what have I gotten myself into? the last time I did this sort of activities was more than 20 years ago) and at last I could finally tick-off Sarawak out of my go-to list.

I really got to start working out and buck up my stamina now, shouldn't I?

So totally looking forward to this trip!

You May Also Like

0 comments