JOHO

by - 9:20 PM

My dad originates from Johor. Johor Bahru(JB) is basically his hometown, where he grew up and where he went for his education. Most of his (our) relatives are still around living in JB so the town is definitely not foreign to us.

So our final trip of the year, which was to JB actually commemorates the wedding of one of my cousin, as well as to end the year with one last family holiday before Mayesa starts her pre-school in just another two weeks time.

The wedding was lovely. Most relatives were present to celebrate the couple, but I had to leave early since the little one was all cranky for milk.
We checked into Pulai Springs on the first night and moved to KSL Resort on our second night in JB. I really wished we stayed a little longer in Pulai Springs though, I just love how relaxing the environment there, how it accommodates little kids with tons of activities and the location was not that far from town either. I wouldn't mind staying a little out of town once in a while, realistically speaking.

Food.
You can never go to one place without having it's local delicacies.

I can never get bored of this dish, kacang pool.

Roti naik from Tok Ayah's bakery. Still a favorite, dip it in hot Milo.

Simple dish at its best. Siakap sisik at Kedai Makan Rahmat in Pasir Gudang.
Johor has tons of great food. Laksa Johor, kacang pool, nasi bryani, roti naik, mee rebus, burasak, siakap sisik, asam pedas, ABC, sup gearbox, lontong, murtabak; you wouldn't want to miss having any of it when you're in town. I had most of what I've put in the list so I can safely say, I'm good for a few months out of Johor for the time being. <3

A night out at Danga Bay Park, every time we're in town.
With kids in tow, there's hardly any chance to avoid going to a theme park when the kids see one. So we did just that and forgo my initial plan to bring them over to Hello Kitty town. I just couldn't brain the amount we have to pay for the entrance fee to bring the kids to a park mainly to see exhibits, try out a few activities and watch a Hello Kitty performance. The girls don't even familiarize themselves with Hello Kitty to begin with, so do I.

We might just plan to cross over to Singapore to better head for the Universal Studio on our next trip down South. Definitely more worth going there than Sanrio's to our best interest now that both girls are big enough to explore and experience a bigger park.

When's the next trip? God knows, sooner or later. In shaa Allah.

You May Also Like

0 comments