Sleepless, sleepless nights

by - 4:21 PM

I've not been getting enough sleep.

Mayesa hasn't been feeling well for the past few days. Life of a mother, eh.. whenever the child is unwell, you'll definitely be a sleepless mother (re:zombie) - constantly waking up to check on your sick child.

I've been cranky just as she is, snapping at almost everything that irritates me. A sleepless mother, is a monster mother; I'm sure most of you can relate to this, yes?

So I took a day off of motherhood yesterday. Each of us needs this, trust me just to redeem back a little sanity for yourself. If you haven't gotten any, please consider requesting it from your spouse. You may thank me later.

I went for an afternoon snacking session with my girl friend instead of supposedly joining a karaoke session with another group of friends that I was just too lazy tired to drive out of the neighborhood. Three hours of solo shopping, and another two hours of late night coffee with yet another girl friend.

I needed those. I feel refreshed.

But this gloomy weather ain't helping much. My mood is still as cloudy as it is today, and am longing for even more sleep, deep sleep without any disturbance.

But the girls. The girls are wide awake and full of energy. I need to tire them out so we could all have a shut eye together at once later on.

So here we are, for lunch and for hours of playtime.

Play. Play. Playyyyy. Then we sleep.

You May Also Like

0 comments