Slowly getting there

by - 5:49 PM

My car's finally being repaired. Since I don't have my car with me for the week (most probably two), we're mostly staying indoors. Actually I do have a loaned car - my dad's - but I've pledged myself not to drive it around except only for school runs, just because.

We did not do any grocery shopping over the last weekend, and we're even out of cooking gas. I don't bother to stock up anyway so we just eat whatever we have in the back pantry (mostly cereals, instant noodles, cookies, breads, canned tunas; basically anything that can be prepared instantly without having to cook it on the stove). The kids don't mind though and I obviously don't mind either since it's easier for me. Don't you worry. Of course I still get them nutritious packed lunch or my husband will bring home dinners alternately.

It does involves more money if we continue buying takeaways but definitely less hassle for me in the kitchen.

What doesn't work as such? You pay, you get it done easily. Everything works just the same.

So since we're staying indoors most hours, I'm spending more time focusing on my diet and fitness training at home. It's a daily hurdle I've to push myself with every morning, sometimes evening too with yoga and pilates.

My arms are more toned now. I can finally do push-ups (even single-leg pilates ones!). Believe me when I say I could never do a single (even modified!) push-ups before this, such weak arms and core.

My tummy is starting to take its shape now too although the pregnancy (post-caesar) bulge is really hard to get rid of. Sigh. Post-pregnancy stretchmarks? Yep, so prominently and permanently there. Double, triple sigh.

Bum. Bum is still meh. I have a flat bum all my life, and I find it pretty hard to perk it up much. Will definitely work more on this next.

Pats self for drive and determination. Pats self for results too.

I just hope my husband and family doesn't sabotage my diet as much. They always do, especially on weekends. I have a weakness for food, good home-cooked food, and I always, ALWAYS give in and indulge. SIGHHH.

You May Also Like

0 comments