Kids doing (own) chores

by - 9:58 PM

I don't know about you but I've been getting my kids to do (their) chores whenever possible. Simple chores such as wiping the dining table, tidying the bed and organizing toys and books.

I see no wrong training them at a young age. It boosts their responsibility and understanding in cleanliness and hygiene.

Keep your expectation low. They'll get better in time.

I don't consider myself an ocd freak, but I do get easily pissed when I see unwashed dishes in the kitchen sink, empty drink boxes in the hall, scattered throw pillows on the floor, bread or biscuit crumbs all over the room, scattered toys especially the small ones like legos and shopkins..you know, those petty little stuff. Which mom wouldn't?

My girls understood me well. They want to avoid me being a monster mama, they willingly on their own will pick up and clear those bits and pieces now without having to be told.

They're now used to keep their toys after they are done playing, wipe off spilled drinks using the kitchen cloth, help me collect hanging laundry, organized the shoes neatly in a row, throw pillows back on the sofa after tv session..I've raised them good.

Of course it's not always butterflies and rainbow. There are days when they don't even care to lift a finger. That's when they have to face a monster mama for the day.

I don't blame them, I can't. Even I have my lazy days where I don't even bother to do a single chore. I'll just push and pile everything to one side, waiting for my mood to come back.

Tonight, I brought out the old Playdoh set for the girls to play. Once they're done playing, Mayesa came to ask "mama, can I clean up and keep the playdoh now? I don't want to play anymore."

I don't even have to ask. ;) Such a good girl, such good girls. Love lah.

You May Also Like

0 comments