Forever baby

by - 6:52 AM

There's a saying that goes "They'll only once a baby. Once they've grown up and starting to distant a little, you'll wish they'd stay a baby forever."


True that.

Not that my babies are already spacing away from me, just that how they are less dependent towards me - showering, decision making, playing, getting things done, among other few things - they can manage on their own.

I feel a slight of relief heading towards freedom (re:more me time), but at the same time I do feel that I always, always miss them relying and depending on me at all times. It's normal I guess, every mom and (involved)dad would definitely feel this same way.

It's my firstborn - Mayesa's 6th birthday today.

Time flies, eh?

I still remember every second of her birth chronology. 
How I was having painful shooting contractions from 3cm to an 8cm within 3 hours or so but she was never engaged, and I had to initial the cesarean agreement at the final hour because I could no longer bear the pain intensity and her vitals were already slightly dropping. Minutes later, I was already crying hearing her first cry, once out of my womb.

It was beautiful. She's beautiful.
My baby.
My very first baby.

She still sleeps with me every night. She still wants me to feed her every meal. She still wants me to play, teach and revise her homework almost every day.

She's a xerox of me. Definitely.
She can be loud at times, but shy at the same time. She's neat and get things properly done. She follows rule to rule, but she'd tweak it accordingly to her creativity. She's into arts. She's soft-hearted that she cries easily, but she's tough on the outside.

Yeap. Definitely a mini-me.
My forever baby.

She had an early birthday celebration in school last week. Going to have a mini celebration with some of my family members today, and another celebration with again my big family this weekend.

I've gotten her favorite Barbie yet again as her birthday gift this year and she's waiting for a bicycle from her dad. I know she wants to add on Ken doll to her collection, I might just surprise her with another or two this weekend.

Happiest 6th birthday, baby girl.
We'll go through this journey called life together; I'll always be there to guide, to support and to love you forever. Just be your true self and not what somebody else asks you to, and anything you want will inshaAllah floats beautifully towards you.

xoxo

You May Also Like

0 comments